I haven't posted an update lately about the baby. I am officially 36 weeks with 3 weeks to go. My C-Section has been scheduled for 4/6/10. At first, Mark and I were not happy about the date. We were thinking it would be earlier, maybe March 31. But after discussing it today with Rita, the nurse practitioner, we have decided to leave the date as April 6. If little man decides to come on his own, then I pray Dr. Imtiaz will be available to deliver him. (But please not on April 1) After all the experience with had with Cort being early, we want this little guy to have all the time he needs to develop fully.
I am getting very excited and would like to see his little face RIGHT now. But I know it is better to wait. For one, Dr. Imtiaz is on Spring Break, so no baby this week!!! I am ready at home and work. All is squared away and just waiting for his arrival. I will have 12 weeks off for maternity leave although I will be working from home during this time. Once I return I will still have 10 vacation days that I plan to use throughout the summer to phase back into working, adjust to being away from the baby and spending more time with Keaton and Cort before school starts. I am looking foward to my maternity vacation!
I don't want to rush the next 3 weeks, but the anticipation is building of the exciting time that is about to be upon us. I am still enjoying being pregnant so I will have to focus on that. Another reason Mark and I decided to leave the date alone is so I can maximize my time at home with Keaton this summer. If I were to have the baby right now, I would be going back to work just as Keaton gets out of school.
All is well with the baby and me. So far we are not moving forward as of yet, no dilation, again helping with the decision to wait it out. My feet and ankles have been swelling a lot lately. My feet look like balloons at the end of the day. My stretch marks are out in full force. I have been complaining about the itching and almost rash like appearance. The Aveeno lotion is helping but she said I could also use Benedryl cream. This reminds me when I was pregnant with Keaton, towards then end of the pregnancy I did actually break out in a rash on my belly. After the delivery it spread head to toe and I had to see a dermatologist the day I was released from the hospital. Boy did it ITCH!!! It was either all hormonal related or possibly spread due to a drug reaction. It cleared up within a week or so.
So we also have 3 more weeks to still contemplate a name. I have no stress over this decision. I find comfort in knowing that God knows not only the perfect date he will be born, but also his beautiful sweet name. Both will be revealed to us soon. We have narrowed it down to two. Will it be Caden (Cade) Reeves or Gage Reeves, or possible something completely different??
And to my son, when you read this in maybe 20-25 years, Kiptyn and Kirby were never really options. I just liked to give your daddy a hard time! :)