Thursday, March 18, 2010

Park in the Spring Time

Keaton has been enjoying his week at daycare as I have mentioned. Yesterday the older kids went on their field trip leaving only Kindergarten and 1st Grade. This means Keaton was able to spend the majority of the day on the BIG FLOOR. Keaton loves the big floor. It has more than one arcade rooms, pool tables, fuse ball, air hockey, etc. And as you can imagine, allows the kids more freedom than they feel confined to one room. I usually find Keaton in the big arcade room waiting in line to play the Super Mario game.

Cort has been enjoying the week celebrating SPRING. Here he is in front of the a Butterfly filled tree they made in his room.

The weather was much better for our Wednesday special outing. I picked the boys up from school with a snack in tow and headed for a park. This park was recently renovated and the boys mentioned they wanted to go there last week. We stayed for well over an hour therefore I took lots of pictures.
Cort was getting frustrated because he couldn't do something Keaton did. Here is Keaton helping him like a great big brother! I realized I don't often see under Keaton's chin, but I got a good view as he hung upside down. You can see the scar from when he jumped into the swimming pool and hit the side. He probably needed stitches, but was lucky they glued and butterfly clamped it together. That happened August 2007.
So, when the kids were younger and I would take them to the park, I followed them around to make sure they didn't hurt themselves by climbing too high or stepping off the wrong place. I dreamed of the day that I could sit on the park bench, as all the other moms do, and just watch them play. Well, I have yet to get to that point. For some reason, I still stand nearby. As they have gotten older, their playing has become more dangerous. They climb high, hang upside down, and attempt flips. My mind just envisions the most awful fall as their tiny hand might slip from the bar and somehow I feel safer being closer. Believe me, 36 weeks pregnant I wanted to sit, but if somehow I could prevent an injury that is more important.

Cort was so proud that he could make it all the way across by himself.

As you can see in the background, there is always some older kids, of course with no parent supervision, climbing on places they shouldn't to show off for their friends. This boy, yes the one with long blonde hair, made me nervous several times. I don't want to have to rush to his aid as he lay bleeding on the ground.

So for now, I keep my boys close. We had a wonderful time on this beautiful spring day.......just going to the park.

No comments: