Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Spring Break Day #1--Bubbles, Bikes, and Buddies

Who says we have to go any where to have fun for Spring Break?? I usually take some time off to spend with the boys, but decided not to this year saving my vacation time for the summer. I decided instead to just have fun at home. I love that the boys are still young enough to appreciate and enjoy the simple things in life. It doesn't have to cost a lot of money, just make them feel special. I know as they grow older this will not always be the case, but maybe the new baby will keep things on more simple ground for a little longer.

Besides Keaton has a fun filled week planned at the daycare. It started off with visit from a Magician.

So Monday, as I picked the kids up from daycare, they discovered a large new bottle of bubbles waiting for them in between their seats. It was even fruit scented. After a little snack, we played outside blowing bubbles and riding our bikes enjoying the extended day. I love Day Light Savings Time in the Spring! Yeah you lose an hour on Sunday, but you gain so much more time each day to enjoy being outside. This coming from a working mom who doesn't like arriving home at dark. The bubbles were a treat, but so is playing outside during the week. We never get to ride our bikes during the week, it is dark and we have homework.

Luke, the neighbor, joined us and even stayed for dinner. This was a first and a very special treat to have a friend over. After we finished a delicious meal of turkey tacos the kids enjoyed playing WII for a few minutes before we walked Luke home. (Luke wondered why our tacos were flat. We love the flat chalupa shells toasted in the oven. He says his family always eats the 'U' shaped tacos)
Keaton and Luke having a discussion.

No comments: