Happy 36th birthday!!! Wow, the years go by soooo fast now. It seems like just yesterday when I was posting the Happy 35th Birthday fishing pictures. And here we are a year later. Some things have changed, but others are still the same.....Mark spent the last two days at the creek celebrating his birthday with a little R&R and attempted to fish. Wednesday night he caught a Hard Head Catfish and was trying to let it go. These are fish I have been warned not to touch because of the spines on its back. The fish impaled himself into Mark's knuckle which he removed. Within 15 minutes the pain was unbearable. Not only can these little fish poke you, but their barbels are poisonous. The pain was in his hand and moving up his arm. He said the pain was so intense he wanted to cut his arm off to make it stop. (Going forward I think the warning for the kids should be a little more urgent----STAY AWAY FROM THAT FISH)
He treated it himself foregoing a trip to the Lake Jackson ER. And as any fisherman would, went out fishing again the next day. As he returned home today, his hand is still swollen so off to the doctor he went. A tetanus shot and some antibiotics later, he should be fine. (Keaton accompanied Mark to the doctor, and I think this is great for him to see parents have to go to the doctor and get shots too)
Happy Birthday, Mark Ed!! Fifteen years ago I was celebrating your birthday for the first time. I think I stocked your apartment fridge with some adult beverages to help you ring in 21. Thanks for sharing 15 years with me, thanks for all that you do for me and as dad, thanks for keeping me sane in the chaos that we love, but most of all, thanks for being you and loving us!
1 comment:
Thanks babe. My hand and knuckle still hurt a week later. Love ya.
Mark
Post a Comment