Friday, November 20, 2009

Half way!

I am 20 weeks pregnant today!! I can't believe we are already half way there. Although technically I will not go another 20 weeks since I will be scheduled for a C-Section at least by 39 weeks. It seems this is when the pregnancy gets more fun, if you will. I have been able to feel the baby move for several weeks now, (I swear the baby had the hiccups at 11 weeks and I could feel it) but now I am starting to feel it more often and not just when I am laying still. They are still gentle kicks, which I guess could easily be overlooked, but I am always trying to pay attention. The baby does seem to be on some sort of schedule. After I hit the snooze button on the alarm, I lay there another 10-20 minutes in the morning and the baby is usually moving. Also when I get home for work again the baby moves a lot. I guess the baby finds accounting boring and sleeps most of the day, but I do actually feel it kicking right now. (Blogging is more fun that debits and credits!)

I also definitely have the baby bump. People can actually tell that I am pregnant and not just getting a fat stomach. I don't find myself eating much more than normal yet. I guess that is helping with the weight gain this time around. I have only gained 7-8 lbs.

We went for our second ultrasound this past Tuesday with Dr. Palmer, the high risk doctor. The purpose of this ultrasound was to check the anatomy and development of all bones and organs. Everything checked out great. Baby is right on track and is about 12 oz right now. The baby was very active during the ultrasound and was loving the attention we were giving it, dancing and stomping on my bladder. It even did a flip and went from being head down to feet down. Guess there is plenty of room in there. The only thing Dr. Palmer saw was a little back up in the baby's kidneys. She said this is very normal for boys and suggested I stay away from juices and sugary drinks like chocolate milk.

Okay, okay, that's right. They are still saying it looks like another boy and even sent us home with a picture of said 'jewels'. ALTHOUGH, I do remember being sent home from an ultrasound when I was 19 weeks pregnant with Cort that had arrows pointing to 'the area' and the words 'I'm a GIRL!' on it too. So I still refer to the baby most of the time as it, because I guess I just can't buy in yet. I can't, or maybe won't.

Our next doctor appointment with Imtiaz is Dec 3 and our next ultrasound is Dec 29. I guess it will be a final confirmation boy or girl since I will be 25 weeks. It was on our 3rd ultrasound with Cort they told us he was a boy.

So 3 boys and we are done, or 3 boys and we will see.....Never Say Never. And those are Mark's words. (I know I was in shock too, but he may have said it just to make me feel better, or hoping I wouldn't call him on it!)

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I miss the early morning aerobics of baby when I was pregnant. It was alway my favorite time of day with them, feeling them move around and kick. Having a preemie makes me feel screwed out of at least 7 weeks of that. I think maybe that's why I want to do it all again and again (and again)!
:-)

In about 10 years when I'm dealing with more squealy-girlie-drama than I can handle I'll have you come up for a visit. Then you can hold your boys and thank them for fishing instead. :) I know you'll be a happy proud mama no matter what this one turns out to be. Think of the fun parties you can throw as rehearsal dinners with a fraction of the pricetag!!