Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Tators

It's that time again. Decorate a tator night at AWANA. The kids always have so much fun with this project. A project that daddy helps them with each year. For Sparks and TNT there are 4 categories that were judged. A winner is announced for each category and the categories were Biblical, Patriotic, Animal, or Ugly. Can you guess which one Keaton picked? He won 2nd place for his Tator.
Keaton made a Army Soldier for the Patriotic. On the back it says,
"I'm in the Lord's Army"


Cubbie Tators are not judged and therefore are not limited to categories. Cort wanted to make a Rock Star Tator.
On the back it says
"Jesus Rocks"
The kids love making their Tators each year with daddy's help. Prior years there have been Tiger Sharks, Jonah and the Whale, Daniel and the Lion's Den.
I found it funny this year that the kids were confused by me saying Tator. It is called Decorate a Tator Night. Finally one of them asked me why I called it that instead of Potato. Hey, I'm a small town tator girl. (Yams really)

No comments: