Keaton got his first Hole in One!!
It was a beautiful day, but very chilly outside. The boys said they wanted to ride the bumper boats even though they might get wet.
They probably could have stayed dry except 2 other boys we didn't know were riding boats also. They started spraying each other and Keaton and Cort joined in.
All that said, Mark and I probably would have skipped the party altogether except they were having Ice Cream Sundaes. Ice Cream is not something I could send in Keaton's backpack, so one of us had to go to take the Soy Ice Cream. Mark needed to work so I said I would, but the more I thought about having to park a mile away and walk, rushing to get there and back to work, 7+ months pregnant, Mark offered to go also and drop me off at the front door. So now you ask, then why didn't just Mark go to the party himself. (We seem to make things more complicated) Well, him dropping me off allowed me to go on into the party while he parked. Otherwise he would have been late or had to leave a lot earlier. But the main reason, early dismal. I have continued to be surprised at how Copeland, and maybe all Elementary Schools, will dismiss early for ANY reason. Your child doesn't have to leave early, but it is hard to tell your child that they have to stay while the majority of kids in their class leave to go home with their stay-at-home-moms. So again, Mark needed to work without the distraction of Keaton. My boss again is okay with Keaton coming to the office here and there, their grandkids do all the time. So Keaton spent the rest of the afternoon with me. He absolutely loves coming to work with me. It is a time when he has all of my attention. Knowing he would be there, I finished all of my work early and had the whole afternoon open with just some filing/organizing to do. He played games on my computer mostly after a trip to the vending machine for a coke and popcorn snack.
Keaton's party was Thursday at 1:30, which still made sense for a lunch hour. For some reason Cort's daycare has now moved all parties to 3:00. I can't really steal away for a 3:00 lunch hour. (Kind of like I can't have lunch with Keaton this year. He has a 10:30 lunch.) So as bad as I felt, we were unable to make it to Cort's party on Friday. I did however have lunch with him at 11:30 instead and watched the party via webcams. He looked like he was having a great time. I didn't see but maybe one parent there, so I didn't feel so bad.
No comments:
Post a Comment