Thursday, November 12, 2015

ZOO DAY WITH FRIENDS

This year was the first year that I bought a zoo membership.  And sadly probably the last.  It was the perfect year for Gage and I to spend many days at the zoo.  I wasn't working and it was his last year as a preschooler.  Unfortunately, after my cancer diagnosis we didn't get all the zoo days I had wished for.  We visited in July 2014 right before my diagnosis, and to make the membership pay for itself, we headed to the zoo with our friends, the Yaws, on a beautiful day in April.

Ava, Micah, and Gage



Gage feeding the giraffe.


They tell you not to turn your back to the giraffe and Gage 
was determined to follow this rule.
He still faced the giraffe even when mommy wanted a photo.

All three on the carousel.
Jessica and her 1st set of twins.  
That's right, she has two sets of twin girls. 
She left the babies at home for our zoo day.
Me and Jessica

That looks like fun! 

Petting zoo 


The prairie dog tunnels are always fun!

How many prairie dogs can we fit in one tunnel?

Silly prairie dogs.


Talking with geese.

This was one of the first times at the zoo to see the Tigers out and up so close.


Good-bye Flamingos!
Until next time.


No comments: