Thursday, December 4, 2014

A Thanksgiving with So Much to Be Thankful For!

We spent the first part of Thanksgiving week in Gilmer and we decided to take some family pictures.   


Keaton and Cort on Gee's swing.  

Gage is looking sharp in his dress clothes.
Daddy helping Gage with his tie.  

I have to admit my wig looks pretty good.  I like the way it looks natural in these pictures.



I like this picture.  We are still able to play around even under the worst circumstances.

Together we can make it through anything.  

Casey, Mom, and Lori
Kerrie had to work this weekend.

Cort, Aria, Gage, Keaton

Silly pose


The Shattles Family in the backyard of the house I grew up in.  

Adults can be silly too!
  I remember when we were taking these pictures, there were a ton of ladybugs.  They were everywhere.


Gee and Papa Dan with their grand kids.

Love this picture!
Keaton, Gage, and Cort

Cort
4th grade
9 years old

Gage
4 years old

Keaton
6th grade
11 years old

We look good for family battling cancer, if I do say so myself.

Keaton, Aria, Gage, and Cort with the scarecrows.


So many great places to take pictures at my childhood home.  I love all the colors of the trees changing in the fall.

Mark and his three boys!

Our family

We will overcome!

My three tough guys that keep me going.

This was the perfect opportunity to document this time in our lives.  I traded in the wig for a crocheted hat for the rest of the pictures.  





Mommy stealing a kiss!
Lori and Casey being silly.

This was the first visit to Papa Dan and Gee's house that we picked pecans.  Gage had so much fun finding them on the ground.  

Raking leaves

After all that hard work, it is play time!




Even Aria got buried in the leaves.


The kids love to drive the golf cart in the pasture.  Dodging hay bales makes it even more fun!
Kid table at Thanksgiving dinner.

Our cousin Michelle and her family came to visit too!
Cort, Keaton, Gage, Shay, Ty, Emily and Aria.

Aria likes country living.  She had fun playing with earthworms and....

playing on the hay bales.


We are king of the world!

After a few days in Gilmer, we traveled home so I could have chemo on Wednesday.  Then we spent Thanksgiving Day at Nana's house.  He is not pictured with us, but this was our last Thanksgiving with Grandfather.  He passed the following week.

Nana and PawPaw with their grand kids.

Let's get silly!

Kayla, Keaton, Ryan, Gage, and  Cort

Mark's brother and his family.
Julie, Ryan, Adam and Kayla

Chemo Wednesday, Turkey Thursday......both days ended in a nap!

These kids have spent a lot of time in Nana's pool playing together over the years.






My Three Sons

The Roberson Family Thanksgiving Day 2014
On Friday we went to the creek.  The men took the kids out fishing Saturday morning except Gage.  He stayed with me and kept me company.


Saturday night we watched the boat parade from the dock.  Mark is dressed as Santa!!!
HoHoHo!
Happy Thanksgiving from Team Robo!


No comments: