Monday, November 26, 2012

San Antonio - The Beginning

We had been saying for years we wanted to go to San Antonio and Sea World for a mini vacation and we finally made the trip.  I have to admit I went into the vacation thinking it would be work.  I mean... middle of August, three kids, one being a 2 year old...  I wasn't sure how it would go.  We had the best time!!!  It exceeded all of my expectations. 
The first day we drove to San Antonio and made our first stop a visit to The Alamo.

Let's go!

The kids surprised me with their enthusiasm.  I was prepared to hear over and over how bored they were and that they were ready to go.

But they really enjoyed looking at everything and walking around the grounds. 









Then we crossed over the street and headed for The Riverwalk.  We had planned to walk around, take the  boat tour and then have dinner before heading to our hotel.

But after walking around we decided to skip the boat tour.  We weren't sure if Gage would enjoy sitting still that long.

We decided dinner on the Riverwalk would be romantic, but with 3 kids in tow probably not what we were hoping for. 

Again, the kids loved the Riverwalk.  Maybe another time we will come back for the boat tour.  Cort really wanted to do it. 
We stopped for dinner on the way and then checked into the hotel.

The monkeys helped me unpack.
Then we headed for a swim in the pool. 

Aww....vacation!

No comments: