Sunday, October 28, 2012

Creek Summer Get-Aways

Even though our summer is so busy, we always try to steal away and spend sometime at the creek.  

Perfect driving range for Keaton to practice his golf swing.




Cort looking like a pro!

And Gage wants to play too!

Little runaway with Keaton's clubs.

Taking a rest by the watering hole.

Time to take a dip.

Being away at the creek always gives me time to get the camera out and take pictures.  No laundry to be done, or house to clean.

Gage's first boat ride.....yes ever.  Mommy finally agreed it was time.

Best seat on the boat.

Unless you want to take the Captain's chair.

Let's go daddy!

Ok, now I want to drive!!
Love this picture!


Aww, beautiful sky, calm water, wind in your face......


And then when little man starts getting antsy and won't sit still, we know it is time to head back.

That's Gage....doesn't he look so long.  At first I thought it was Cort.

Keaton chasing the runaway again.  Gage has a bad habit of just running towards the creek despite me yelling for him to come back.  Many times I had to sprint as I kicked off my shoes to catch him.  Would he stop when he got to the water??  I don't want to chance it.

Keaton was helpful enough to catch him a few times.  Here he is carrying him back.

And this is what time out looks like!

Way to go Cort!

Gage's turn.


We were lucky to have some friends join us for Labor Day weekend and Gage was ready to show them he was an experienced first mate.

Chris, Mark, Cort and Jill




The next day the Jones' joined us. 
Keaton, Colin, Gage, Cort and Abigail (or Abi-girl, what my kids call her)

Kristee and Colin.  He wasn't sure about it.
Jimmy and Abigail

Captain Keaton with the wide open ocean behind him.

Ok, so little Colin was completely overwhelmed, over stimulated and shut down.  We really started to get worried about him and headed back.

This time the boys jumped off the boat into the creek!


I know Gage...one day it will be your turn too.

No comments: