Gage has started going to daycare part time. He will go 2-3 days a week until November when he will begin going full time. Ms.
Salma is his teacher and she has been with
CCY for many years. I have heard only great things about her. This week Gage went to school Tuesday for the first time.
Gage with Ms. Salma
(note his crib in the background)


What? You're leaving mom?

Okay, I guess I can stay and play

I am pleased to report Gage had a great 1st day as did mommy. I went on my lunch hour to visit and feed him. The day passed by with little anxiety thanks to the
webcams. He seemed to have a lot of fun although didn't sleep much. I think there were too many new things going on.
Second day of daycare

I got this mom, no big deal.

Bye mom! Have a great day!

Pictures from the
webcam view. This is the wall of cribs. I have to admit, not a big fan of the crib wall. If this was my first child in daycare and I was interviewing infant rooms, I would not pick this daycare. But we already have a history here with relationships built on trust. This picture shows the cribs when closed. This day there were 4 infants. Lucky teacher got them all to sleep at one time. Gage is the bottom middle bunk.

Here is my view during the day when watching Gage.....I mean working. he he! There are two views of the room and I can see Gage no matter where he is in the room unless getting his diaper changed. I really can't see him in his crib, but know he is there when it is closed. I can somewhat see if there is movement in the crib though. (You cannot see well, but notice now his crib has been decorated with the pictures I took this morning. They are family photos.)

Here he is after he woke from his nap.

Now playing with a friend.
Watch out, he's a 'Handsome Devil'.
(the shirt he has on in this picture)

I went to visit and feed him again at lunch today. I am so glad things are going so smoothly. It is definitely helping with the transition. He really seems to like it. I think he likes watching everything and everybody. We can call week 1 a success!
No comments:
Post a Comment