Gage
As I posted before, Gage started daycare part time. I am truly thankful that the transition has been so easy. He seems to really like being there. It appears he is a people person like his daddy because he loves to watch everyone, kids and teachers. Each morning as I drop him off he just sits on the play mat (and he has begun to sit unassisted by a bobby pillow) and explores the toys in front of him. It makes me smile as I watch on the webcam because he looks so happy. The few times I have seen him topple over, fuss, or cry the teacher has been quick to rescue him.
There are usually only 4 infants in his room and therefore only 1 teacher. I have seen his teacher on the floor with him singing or reading to him and he was laughing. Makes you feel good watching that from work. As you can imagine, four babies can keep you pretty busy, so I am sure Gage could use more one on one time during the day. Each day he has been at daycare (5 days so far) I have gone to the daycare on my lunch hour. I time it so I can feed him and we have our own private room. We have a little 'love fest' first. He wraps his arms around my neck and we snuggle and giggle. He 'eats me up' by kissing me (mouthing my face). I love hearing him laugh as I tickle him. Then after he settles in I feed him in the small room they have set aside for nursing moms. It has a recliner rocking chair, table with a lamp and some children's books, clean burp cloths and a crib in this room. Although they also use it for storage during the day for all the infant car seats.
I love those 30 minutes or so I spend with him. I hope it reassures him that mommy will be back soon. I will continue having lunch with Gage as much as possible as long as he doesn't get upset when I leave. (Hmmm..that sounds familiar)
Although things are going well, after only 4 days of school he got sick. It all started with some coughing and congestion. A few days later, Friday, he started running a fever and Mark took him to the doctor. They gave him a breathing treatment in the office and sent Gage for a chest X-ray. His fever spiked to 103 and of course he didn't want to eat. His breathing was rapid and labored. The X-ray looked fine but we have continued the breathing treatments every 4-5 hours, even throughout the night.
When I called Monday morning to let the daycare know he would not be there because he was ill, I was told there has been a confirmed case of RSV in the infant room. At the follow up appointment we discussed with the doctor and he decided not to go through the trouble of actually testing Gage for RSV. The treatment would remain the same and he was already showing signs of improving.
We are now at day 6. He went back to school today, Wednesday, and is feeling much better. We will probably spread the breathing treatments out to 5-6 hours now. We knew he would get sick as he was exposed to new germs. Up until that point, he had never had a cough or runny nose. I just pray we make it through the winter months (dare I say the 3 letter F word---F-L-U) with minimal sickness in our house.
Although he received a nebulized treatment at the doctor's office, we were sent home with the inhaler 'puff' treatments. This is the mask we had to put over his nose and mouth while he inhaled the medicine with 5 deep breaths.
Update on Keaton to follow soon.
There are usually only 4 infants in his room and therefore only 1 teacher. I have seen his teacher on the floor with him singing or reading to him and he was laughing. Makes you feel good watching that from work. As you can imagine, four babies can keep you pretty busy, so I am sure Gage could use more one on one time during the day. Each day he has been at daycare (5 days so far) I have gone to the daycare on my lunch hour. I time it so I can feed him and we have our own private room. We have a little 'love fest' first. He wraps his arms around my neck and we snuggle and giggle. He 'eats me up' by kissing me (mouthing my face). I love hearing him laugh as I tickle him. Then after he settles in I feed him in the small room they have set aside for nursing moms. It has a recliner rocking chair, table with a lamp and some children's books, clean burp cloths and a crib in this room. Although they also use it for storage during the day for all the infant car seats.
I love those 30 minutes or so I spend with him. I hope it reassures him that mommy will be back soon. I will continue having lunch with Gage as much as possible as long as he doesn't get upset when I leave. (Hmmm..that sounds familiar)
Although things are going well, after only 4 days of school he got sick. It all started with some coughing and congestion. A few days later, Friday, he started running a fever and Mark took him to the doctor. They gave him a breathing treatment in the office and sent Gage for a chest X-ray. His fever spiked to 103 and of course he didn't want to eat. His breathing was rapid and labored. The X-ray looked fine but we have continued the breathing treatments every 4-5 hours, even throughout the night.
When I called Monday morning to let the daycare know he would not be there because he was ill, I was told there has been a confirmed case of RSV in the infant room. At the follow up appointment we discussed with the doctor and he decided not to go through the trouble of actually testing Gage for RSV. The treatment would remain the same and he was already showing signs of improving.
We are now at day 6. He went back to school today, Wednesday, and is feeling much better. We will probably spread the breathing treatments out to 5-6 hours now. We knew he would get sick as he was exposed to new germs. Up until that point, he had never had a cough or runny nose. I just pray we make it through the winter months (dare I say the 3 letter F word---F-L-U) with minimal sickness in our house.
Although he received a nebulized treatment at the doctor's office, we were sent home with the inhaler 'puff' treatments. This is the mask we had to put over his nose and mouth while he inhaled the medicine with 5 deep breaths.



No comments:
Post a Comment