Friday, December 21, 2012

20 Year class reunion and Yamboree

Twenty years ago (OMG) I graduated high school.  Class of 1992  The Wild Crew!  We held our 20 year class reunion the same weekend as Yamboree and we made a long weekend out of our trip to Gilmer.  Kerrie and Casey came for the visit too, so it was a family reunion of sorts.  You never know what adventures you will find on our trips to Gee and Papa Dan's.
 
Papa Dan took the boys up the road to feed the donkey.

The neighbors feed him old tortillas and doughnuts.  They kids thought that was hilarious.




Gage hanging out back with the scarecrow.
Cort climbing a tree.

Always a good time!


 

Gage taking mommy and daddy on a golf cart ride.
Since we have on different clothes, I guess he took us for 'many' rides.

Papa Dan also took them fishing at a neighbor's pond.







 
And of course, we have to spend a day on the square at the carnival.

Cort and Keaton on the Genesis

They are too cool to sit right next to each other.  Just so happened that seat stayed empty.
Not sure what Keaton was doing while Cort was on the swings, but Cort was just chillaxin!

I love this picture.
 So free, no worries, just being a kid flying through the air like an airplane.


Aunt Kerrie was brave enough to ride the Ferris wheel with them.

They also gave the bear tilt-a-world a try.


The Hammers

And yes, they rode the hammers.  And loved it!

But their favorite is still the star ship.  I don't know how they do it.  They rode it over and over.


The Super Shot
I was surprised they rode this one twice. 

Keaton almost didn't get on at all and this was the look on his face after the first time. But Aunt Kerrie rode it the second time with them.

The kids had a blast at the carnival.  They love the Yamboree.  Cort keeps calling it the BamBam Jamboree!

Somehow in all this fun, we also celebrate Aria's 1st birthday

Can't believe it has been a year!

Cousins

Doing what Cort does....trying to make Aria laugh!

Now for some mommy and daddy time!
We got all dolled up for a night out in the big G town. 
We did not go to my 10 year class reunion.  It was the same weekend as Dan and Nicki's wedding, which we were both in the wedding party.

The reunion was held at Tiffany Dodd's childhood home.  She was our class president and I have a lot of fond memories of her home and family. 

I got to reconnect with my high school best friend, Stacie.

Class of 1992
The Wild Crew
We had a good turn out and I had so much fun!

No comments: