I just can't believe how fast the last 8 years have gone by. If I could go back in time I would. Not to change anything but just to relive it all again. What wonderful memories we have made as a family.
![]() |
| Keaton just 30 minutes old |
![]() |
| 1 day old |
![]() |
| 5 months |
![]() |
| Your 1st boat ride |
![]() |
| 1 year I just love this little face! |
![]() |
| 13 months |
![]() |
| 22 months and a big brother |
![]() |
| 3rd birthday |
![]() |
| 4 years old. |
![]() |
| 5 years old |
![]() |
| 6 years |
![]() |
| 1st Aggie game |
![]() |
| 7 years old Breakfast with neighbor, Luke, one of Keaton's best friends. |
![]() |
| 2nd Grade Christmas party |
The many faces of Keaton
Your favorite things:
Favorite restaurant: Long John Silvers (which you wanted to eat at on your bday, but we convinced you to get yours to go and bring it to Las Lomas where mommy and daddy really wanted to eat--bad parents)
Favorite food: Sloppy joe Manwich
Favorite inside activity: Playing DS
Favorite activity to do with dad: Play catch
Favorite activity to do with mom: Play Wii (you think it is because he can beat me??) (I thought Cort's answer was cute. He said go on walk with mom)
Favorite outside activity: Riding your new Rip Stick you got for your bday (And I am so proud that you and Cort both wear your helment without complaining even though the other kids on our street do not)
Favorite TV show: Suite Life with Zack and Cody (On Deck)
Favorite Movie: Kung Fu Panda 2 (most recent movie we saw) and Despicable Me
Your favorite sport to play: Baseball
Best friend: Kevin Durney
What do you want to be when you grow up: Teacher
If you could go anywhere on vacation, where would you go: Hawaii
Favorite thing about 2nd grade: Recess
What are you looking forward to in 3rd grade: Earlier lunch! (His lunch this year was 1:15!)
Why is it great to be 8? Because I get to do things Cort can't do yet because I am older.
What are you looking forward to most this summer: Swimming
Boxers or boxer briefs: Boxer briefs....yes yes, we have now outgrown the character tighty whities and have requested grown up underwear.
I am so happy and proud to be your mom and I know the day will eventually come when you are too cool for me, but I am so glad to say it is not here yet. I had lunch with you on your bday with your 2nd grade class and as I was leaving you still let me kiss you and you even came back for a second hug.
You recently asked me why I have to work all summer. I said because I work in an office and only get 2 weeks vacation. If I was a teacher I would get the summer off with you. (Maybe that is why you want to be a teacher when you grow up) You proceeded to tell me I should have been a teacher. And that I could teach at Lowery and be your 3rd grade, 4th grade and 5th grade teacher!
You are becoming a great little baseball player. You make good contact with the ball and appear to be one of the best fielders on your team. I am glad to see you enjoy the sport and all the practice that goes into it. Next year we will sign you up on a more competitive team. You are constantly bouncing some type of ball in the house, usually off the wall. Your father said he did the same thing as a kid. One side of our house doesn't have any windows (well the window is on the corner and on the other side of the fence) so you and your friends play catch by bouncing a tennis ball off the house and catching it or rolling it off the roof and catching it.
You just completed second grade with an AB average. Your major test scores where almost all A's, but your daily grades brought some down to B's. Second grade was an adjustment for all of us. Each week you had 4 nights of math, language arts/spelling, and reading homework. And some weeks there were also science or social studies homework or test to study for. You are a smart kid and did your daily homework with little complaining although at times you didn't give it your best effort. I assume the same to explain your daily grades in class. More update on the school year to come.
Favorite restaurant: Long John Silvers (which you wanted to eat at on your bday, but we convinced you to get yours to go and bring it to Las Lomas where mommy and daddy really wanted to eat--bad parents)
Favorite food: Sloppy joe Manwich
Favorite inside activity: Playing DS
Favorite activity to do with dad: Play catch
Favorite activity to do with mom: Play Wii (you think it is because he can beat me??) (I thought Cort's answer was cute. He said go on walk with mom)
Favorite outside activity: Riding your new Rip Stick you got for your bday (And I am so proud that you and Cort both wear your helment without complaining even though the other kids on our street do not)
Favorite TV show: Suite Life with Zack and Cody (On Deck)
Favorite Movie: Kung Fu Panda 2 (most recent movie we saw) and Despicable Me
Your favorite sport to play: Baseball
Best friend: Kevin Durney
What do you want to be when you grow up: Teacher
If you could go anywhere on vacation, where would you go: Hawaii
Favorite thing about 2nd grade: Recess
What are you looking forward to in 3rd grade: Earlier lunch! (His lunch this year was 1:15!)
Why is it great to be 8? Because I get to do things Cort can't do yet because I am older.
What are you looking forward to most this summer: Swimming
Boxers or boxer briefs: Boxer briefs....yes yes, we have now outgrown the character tighty whities and have requested grown up underwear.
I am so happy and proud to be your mom and I know the day will eventually come when you are too cool for me, but I am so glad to say it is not here yet. I had lunch with you on your bday with your 2nd grade class and as I was leaving you still let me kiss you and you even came back for a second hug.
You recently asked me why I have to work all summer. I said because I work in an office and only get 2 weeks vacation. If I was a teacher I would get the summer off with you. (Maybe that is why you want to be a teacher when you grow up) You proceeded to tell me I should have been a teacher. And that I could teach at Lowery and be your 3rd grade, 4th grade and 5th grade teacher!
You are becoming a great little baseball player. You make good contact with the ball and appear to be one of the best fielders on your team. I am glad to see you enjoy the sport and all the practice that goes into it. Next year we will sign you up on a more competitive team. You are constantly bouncing some type of ball in the house, usually off the wall. Your father said he did the same thing as a kid. One side of our house doesn't have any windows (well the window is on the corner and on the other side of the fence) so you and your friends play catch by bouncing a tennis ball off the house and catching it or rolling it off the roof and catching it.
You just completed second grade with an AB average. Your major test scores where almost all A's, but your daily grades brought some down to B's. Second grade was an adjustment for all of us. Each week you had 4 nights of math, language arts/spelling, and reading homework. And some weeks there were also science or social studies homework or test to study for. You are a smart kid and did your daily homework with little complaining although at times you didn't give it your best effort. I assume the same to explain your daily grades in class. More update on the school year to come.





















No comments:
Post a Comment