Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Baseball Season has Begun

We had our first few practices and two games to start the season.  I usually wait until the season is over to post one extremely long post, but decided this year to try and break it up some.  The boys didn't play baseball last year since Gage was born in March.  I didn't know what to expect this season after sitting out for so long, but they have both impressed us and they seem to really be enjoying playing again.
Cort's team is the Colorado Rockies--CR.  He is the lucky kid on the team with his initials on his hat!

Cort and Lane goofing off at practice. 

Gage enjoying a snack and watching his brother's play.  I wonder how long sitting in the stroller will last before I am chasing him all over the fields.
1st Game Day!

Cort up to bat.  Our little lefty.  Cort is still in the TBall division.

Good hit- 1st base!

Cort is serious about his pitcher position.

Don't even think about making it to 1st base.

He fields the ball and out runs him to 1st.  I think this is a good strategy since it is not always a sure thing that the 1st baseman will catch the ball in this age group.  Smart thinking Cort.

Cort's team has won both games although I didn't get the score.  I don't think they truly keep score in TBall. 

Gage having a snack between games.

And stretching his legs a little.


Keaton's team the New York Yankees

Kevin, Christian, and Keaton

Keaton up to bat

Of course he has to slide into home.  Can't keep those white pants clean.


Doesn't he look so cute in his catcher gear!




Another run scored

Keaton's team won their first game 18-5, but lost the second game 8-3.

I need to invest in some stain remover.

No comments: