Friday, June 25, 2010

DSi

If you remember around Christmas I spoke about how we were not going to buy Keaton a Nintendo DS. Well, the kid decided he was going to save his money and buy it himself. We, thinking it would take FOREVER for him to reach the goal, said if he saved half we would pay for the other half. The DSi cost 169.99 plus carrying case and a game came to a total of 235.00. Since Christmas, Keaton met his commitment of half by saving Christmas money, tooth fairy money, report card money, and birthday money. He saved a total of 139.00!! Of which he put 124.00 towards the DS.

We are proud of you Keaton for being so responsible!

Unrelated to the DS, Keaton recently counted and rolled some coins from his piggy bank. He cashed in the coins for dollars to add to the 15.00 he had left from above. This gave him a total of 20.00. Last night we were discussing the offering he wanted to give at VBS this week. He wanted to give the whole 20.00. He had told me that from day 1 and I had been putting him off. I love that he has a giving heart, but was trying to find the way to explain to him that although we need and want to give, he didn't have to give the whole 20.00. He was in tears at the dinner table last night as we discussed it. Now that I am thinking about it today, ten percent of the 139.00 he saved is 13.90, so maybe we should have let him give that much and let this be a tithing lesson. But we resolved for Keaton to give 5.00, Mark would match with 5.00, I gave him 3.00 and Gee gave him 2.00. Keaton was happy to deliver our offering today on the last day of VBS

No comments: