Friday, June 25, 2010

Ambush and Revenge

Every year as I return home from work on the last day of school, I see the remains of a water war. We knew the parents always surprised the kids with water balloons, water guns and silly string as they got off the bus that last day. This year, we got to participate. It was a great end to the year in which Keaton loved riding the bus.

Cort and I worked all morning to fill water balloons. Cort would fill the balloon and I would tie it. We both were soaking wet and I had to changed clothes twice. I didn't think Gage would enjoy mommy feeding or holding him while wearing wet clothes. And then I couldn't make myself put on the same wet clothes after being in the AC.

Our wagon loaded with Ammo!
The kids getting off the bus.
Keaton, the only boy, is behind all of the girls

Didn't take him long to start fighting back

But dad had the SUPER SOAKER

Cort loved being in on the action
Afterwards, they all enjoy a popsicle
It was a wet day, but I loved being apart of it this year


The kids had so much fun that they planned for revenge. We had water balloons left over, so the kids decided to ambush Mark. Of course, mom was in on it.....I had to tie the balloons. Once they were ready, they called Mark to the backyard and attacked with fire.....I mean water.
But, mom can't keep a secret very well and dad was once again loaded with the SUPER SOAKER! It was great fun!

No comments: