Mark always says the month of May is busy for him. There is Mother's Day, my birthday, and Keaton's birthday. My birthday and Mother's day always fall so close together, but Mark tries to make sure to make both days special for me.
This year for Mother's day the boys brought me roses and jewelry. Mark took them to James Avery and let them pick out some beautiful earrings. Although Cort had wanted to go to Jared. Powerful TV marketing....after seeing the commercial, Cort asked me if I knew how to get to Jared. When I said yes, he said he wanted to go buy me a bracelet for Mother's Day. Too sweet.
I did get some bracelets for my birthday....silly bandz. The boys picked out some 'fashion' silly bandz for me. This is a cute new fad to collect and trade little rubber band bracelets. Mark completely spoiled me for by birthday with a summer membership to Massage Envy. I am going to enjoy a lot of pampering. Maybe this will help with the stress of going back to work.
And food....we have celebrated my birthday with food. We have used it as an excuse to eat out. Mark and I enjoyed Johnny Carinos so I could get a Tiramisu fix. We have celebrated at Las Lomas and LaHacienda as well. I even let Keaton stay home from school one day (shame on me) and we celebrated my birthday at Chuck E Cheese! And my mom baked my favorite cake. I am enjoying it all now because we know the diet is somewhere in the future.
It is fitting that Mother's day and my birthday fall so close together I guess. Because when I stop to reflect on my life, this is exactly where I wanted to be... a mother. I dreamed of having a family of my own my entire childhood. Some may say my life is boring because my bucket list has been check off completely. Sure there are things I may enjoying doing in this lifetime, but the 2 things I wanted more than anything were to be a wife and a mother. I am living my dream.
So even though Mark may get stressed out a little in May, I love this month. Not only is it my birthday month, but the month I became a mom when Keaton was born May 31, 2003. Seems fitting we also celebrate Mother's Day this month as well.
Thank you Keaton, Cort and Gage for making all my dreams come true. I am so proud to be your mom.
1 comment:
Your old now.
Post a Comment