Monday, May 3, 2010

Little Red Caboose

I did not get to take the boys for the train ride in March, but we did manage a mommy and me outing in April. We left Gage at home with dad and we headed for Zube Park. This is a train park that is run by volunteers. They built the park, own the trains, and run the train every 3rd Saturday of the month. We had been one time about a year ago and had to stand in line for about 30 minutes. I was prepared to stand in line again since we made a stop at Dunkin Donuts, but we were able to ride the first train leaving the station.

My View on our Train Ride

Notice the chocolate on Cort's face from the donutThe track runs through the woods and this sign says Gator Crossing. Keaton immediately asked me if there would be real gators.

I could tell his cautious side had kicked in.

Zube park is a little far and so on our drive back I played some of the kid CD's I had previously loaded in the CD player. I had thought we needed to start listening again to 'Toddler' songs for the baby instead of jamming out to TobyMac. The first song I played, Wheels on the bus, received a curled lip look from both the kids. I then skipped on to DJ the Dinosaur. This song used to be their FAVORITE. We used to listen to it over and over. Keaton proceeded to tell me that DJ the Dinosaur was not a song 6 years old listen to. But how can you not sing along to the silly songs of Lori Berkner. We played the train songs to complete our train outing, Little Red Caboose and I've Been Working on the Railroad. Little Red Caboose even got an encore. We were all singing along and it took me back to when both of them were little. I can't believe how fast they have grown up.

Since our outing turned out to be short (yet fun), we made a stop at the book store. Keaton picked out some Pokemon chapter books and Cort picked out a pop up book about a journey to space. They also, on their own, picked out a cute little book about ducks for Gage. I found a daily devotional book for kids that we have been enjoying reading together at night.

No comments: