It's a broken record. I am talking about my last visit with the high risk doctor this past Tuesday. The baby's AC-Abdomen Circumference, is still measuring 2 weeks ahead and my fluid level is up. The fluid is being increased because the baby is peeing a lot, she said. Again this is because of sugar intake.
Dr. Palmer once again suggests I continue to limit my sugar and starches and EAT MORE PROTEIN. She is also saying that I should have a bedtime snack.....of meat! Gross! Honestly, meat is the one thing I could easily give up. It is my least favorite food group. I could say I am trying to give back to nature and earth, by skipping a few meat filled meals, but I just naturally prefer, for example, cheese enchiladas over beef, and opt for the vegetarian burrito at Chipotle. My family of four can eat out at our neighborhood Mexican restaurant, Las Lomas, by sharing a bowl of queso and Fajitas for 1. Yes 4 can eat for 1 because I usually only put 1 piece of meat on my taco. So adding more meat to my diet is a challenge, but I have been trying. The bedtime snack, a leftover meatloaf sandwich (that Mark suggested last night) is not my idea. I opted for a protein bar and will try again tonight. I don't know if I can choke down real meat right before bed. (I would have rather ate one of Cort's leftover cupcakes, but I refrained---aren't you proud)
The baby is otherwise healthy. He weighs 3 lbs 12 oz. I think this is right on track. I did ask if the AC could only be suggesting that he may be a big baby. She said no, because he would be measuring big from head to toe, not just his abdomen.
Seriously, I just wish I could enjoy my last pregnancy without all the nit picking. I am being made to feel like my choices of food will some how damage my unborn child and it will be all my fault if something is wrong with him. Cort was born 6 weeks early. He was robbed of the last gestational weeks to develop and he turned out perfectly fine. How can I being harming this child? A girl I work with, younger than me, confessed she smoked her entire pregnancy!!! I just want to splurge here and there on a dessert.
I know I am complaining a lot, but pregnant women revolve around food. Every time I am hungry or think about eating, faced with the choice----what I want or what I should eat----I almost just want to skip it altogether.
Maybe next time I should just wear ear plugs and smile away at the baby on the monitor. Because yes, there is a next time in another 4 weeks.
So some of my fans out there might say, go ahead and splurge. And tonight I will. We are headed to Chuck E Cheese to celebrate Cort's birthday, just the 4 of us. Since Mark is on a strict diet, by his choice, and Keaton can't eat pizza (we get him a hot dog), Cort and I will be sharing a pizza. I love ChuckE's pizza! And I might even have a cupcake!!! And then I will try to eat that leftover meatloaf at bedtime. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment