Thursday, January 29, 2009

Birthday Festivities

We had a great party this past Saturday for Cort. Here is the Star Wars Cake! This was the first time I have ordered a birthday cake and my kids actually were able to eat it! Normally I make a special cake for them without eggs and milk. But since Cort has outgrown his food allergies, he ate his Star Wars cake and Chocolate Ice Cream. Keaton ate a Ding Dong (which is a new thing we tried and he did okay with) and Soy Ice Cream at the Party, but in the safety of our home we let Keaton eat a leftover piece of birthday cake and he did fine. Even the second and third piece went down with no problem. (I made him wait 10 minutes before eating the second piece)




We had the party at Monkey Bizness this year. It is an inflatable jump zone and the kids had a blast. Even parents climbed the rock wall and the 'Christmas Tree', as Cort called it. But I think their favorite is always the big slide.



Jackson, Cort and Peyton
Cort's buddies from school
It has become a tradition in our family that on their actual birthday day, the four of us go to Chuck E Cheese. So Wednesday night (yes we skipped out on AWANA) we headed to Chuck E Cheese. We enjoy the family time to celebrate his birthday and the kids had a great time. Keaton is getting really good at skeeball!

My mom called to wish Cort a happy birthday before we went to Chuck E Cheese. She asked Cort how old he was and he said he was still 3. He proceeded to tell her he would not turn four until after he went to Chuck E Cheese. So as we were walking out of the door at Chuck E Cheese he said, 'I am four now!'

No comments: