Friday, February 7, 2014

Lordy Lordy Look Who's 40!!!

I threw a surprise party for Mark's 30th birthday at our house and we celebrated with family and friends.  So as his 40th birthday approached, I knew I wanted to surprise him again.  I had this idea brewing for months and then in July started actually making solid plans.  Needless to say throwing this party was a lot of work and very stressful, but I knew it was going to be so much fun!!!

Flashback picture of Mark at his 30th birthday party!!! 
Look how young he looks!!
 
I had my parents come in for the weekend.  We all surprised Mark at the kids football game Friday night.  He pretty much knew something was up, but I kept telling him that this was the only surprise....My parents coming in and dinner out with the whole family at Blue Water Seafood. 

It was fun and even Aunt Kerrie and Mark's parents joined us.  No one knew the rest of my plans yet......
 
Saturday morning, I surprised Mark again by telling him to pack an overnight bag.  I was taking him to lunch and we were staying in a hotel for the night.  My parents were keeping the boys for us.  We had lunch at Live Oak Grill on this beautiful day.  Perfect weather for hanging out on the patio.   
After lunch we made a stop at Cavender's and bought him some new boots and then checked into the Sheraton.  I told him we were going to dinner that night but kept all the details a surprise.  And when we were ready we headed downstairs.  Nick, Mark's business partner, was waiting  in the lobby.  We all climbed into the hummer limo that was waiting for us outside and then I couldn't keep anymore secrets.  I spilled everything and let Mark in on the evening plans. 
 
First stop was to pick up Mike, Kelly, Bob, Holly, Chris and Jill at the Kesler's.
No one knew about the limo, so it was so much fun to see their reaction as we pulled up.  We then toured Copperfield and picked up Kurt & Kathy, Jenni & Norman, and then Kate & Steve. 
 
 
The limo ride was a blast!

The Copperfield gang
The whole group


We had reservations at Stratta Restaurant in Vintage Park.  We lucked out and even scored the private room. 

The food was awesome.

The drinks were flowing.

And the laughs were a plenty.

It was an awesome night.

And everything I had envisioned.

There were a lot of laughs.....some we may not live down anytime soon.

Happy Birthday to my old man!!!
'Thumbs up'
We were having so much fun we didn't want the night to end.

So we headed to Kilburn's.



Mike even sang for us.

Bobby!

Old friends, New friends, it was the perfect night.


Definitely a night to remember!!!


No comments: