Friday, February 7, 2014

Elvis and Dr. Seuss

 
Having been through 3rd grade at Lowery already with Keaton, I knew that the Seussical Musical was coming up at Christmas time.  We joked around with Cort asking if he was going to try out for the role of Elvis.  He always insisted he just wanted to be a bodyguard elf or rapper elf.  One day after school as we are driving in the car rider pick up line, he tells me he got the Elvis part.  I was completely shocked since I didn't even know he was trying out. Mark and I were thrilled and couldn't wait to see him perform.  We asked him numerous times to practice his song at home in front of us, but he never would.  I admit, I was a little nervous the big night not knowing how it was going to turn out.  
Elvis before the show.
 
 
Lowery's 3rd grade class 2013

Elvis was hid most of the production in the back until his number was up.

Frosty the snowman was a lot of fun to watch.  Bernard had a lot of moves!

I didn't get any pictures of Cort singing because I was videoing it.  He did GREAT!!!  I was so happy for him and proud.  He had a lot of fun with it and he was very brave to try out for such a big part in the musical.  I secretly think he enjoyed all the attention.  Especially all the screaming girls!!!!
Every body loves Elvis!!!

No comments: