Friday, May 10, 2013

Spring Break 2013

We kicked off Spring Break with a weekend trip to the creek. Mark and John had gone down early so I picked up Ella and Levi Friday after school and headed to Sargent.
 

  It was a long car ride with a lot of traffic, but 2.5 hours later we finally made it.  And the kids were great!

The kids had a lot of fun playing together.  They fished from the dock, tossed the football, and caught frogs at night.  We also ate fried alligator for the first time at dinner Saturday night.  Everyone agrees.  It taste like chicken!

We talked about staying at the creek through Monday, but headed home after all Sunday night. Monday we made time for a Keaton, Cort, Mommy and  Daddy day.  We ate lunch at Buffalo Wild Wings and went to the movies.

Oz The Great and Powerful in 3D.
Sunday night we watched The Wizard of Oz as a precursor.
(And I am looking forward to the day when Gage can join us for these big boy outings.  I do miss him.   It won't be that much longer.)

Tuesday Mark went back to work and I spent the day with Keaton and Cort.  We went to MountAsia for some arcade fun and more........oh  much more......

They couldn't wait to ride the go-karts.  Cort was so excited he was finally tall enough to drive himself.  I decided to stand by and take pictures.....and watch.... as it all unfolded.

I cringe even now as I remember it.  My sweet little Cort so proud of himself, so excited.
  READY, SET, GO!

Keaton is all serious and ready to go.  He is a pro!

And they are off. It all starts off great.

Cort was the last one out of the gate and the caboose of each lap, but that was okay.  He was taking his time and going actually slower than I had expected.  I actually liked seeing him be cautious and not reckless.  But it was when the checkered flag went up that it all went wrong.  Cort was the last one to come back in the gate as well.  As everyone was lined up, he slammed into the back of them.  I didn't know what had happened, maybe his foot slipped off the brake?  They got everyone through the gate and once again Cort slams into the car in front of him. I am horrified and so confused at what was going on as I sat and watched.  He exited his car in tears as I begin to question him.  Maybe in all our excitement I should have made sure he knew how to drive a go-kart.  He didn't even know there was a brake.  I guess he related it to the power wheel we have.  It stops on its own when you let off the gas.......Lessons learned.  

No one was hurt.  I think we were just a little shaken up and embarrassed.  We didn't ride the go-karts again.  Ha!  We moved on to Putt-Putt Golf.
Love you Cortie!  You will laugh one day at the story.






The many faces of Keaton:
Concentrating
 
 
Being coy

Silly face!
Wednesday I had to return to work and Keaton and Cort spent the remaining days of Spring Break with Aunt Kerrie.
Yep, we are cool.  Just like Aunt Kerrie.




What are we looking for?

Do you see anything?

AHHHH   it's a GATOR!!!

Kerrie and the boys went to Brazos Bend State park for the day. 
Awwww, isn't that baby alligator so cute!

Umm...I think it is coming for you Cort.
Aunt Kerrie, you trying to feed my kids to the gators???

Na Na Na Na Boo Boo
You can't catch me........

That's better.  Mommy likes this so much better.  Up high and safe.

That's a big gator.

Chillaxin

Monkeys!

I'm cute!

Weeeee

Ummmm, hello
You must have nine lives.

 


The next day they went to Space Center Houston with Aunt Kerrie.



They had a great time and enjoyed the Angry Bird Space exhibit.

This special stunt show was the perfect ending to a great week.

No comments: