Friday, May 10, 2013

Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo

It is sad to say, but our boys have never been to a rodeo......and we live in Texas!   It is also sad to say that Mark and I haven't been to the Houston Rodeo except for once and I would guess that was around 2000.  So it was time to cowgirl up and head to the rodeo.  
 
Mark scored 4 tickets from our friend Javier for Kenny Chesney!

All dressed up in our western gear.

Hanging with momma waiting on the show.

Keaton and Cort were loving all the attention from mom and dad.  We left Gage at home with Nana and PawPaw.  Hopefully he will join us next year!

Awesome seats!!!

Love those cuties!!


I really wanted the boys to see the actual rodeo and cowboys, but I guess I didn't tell them much about the concert.  When they started setting up the stage, they asked what was next and I told them Kenny Chesney was going to sing.  Cort said, "sing what?"  I don't even think they know who Kenny Chesney is, but momma enjoyed it!!!
Bring on Kenny!!!


Once the lights went out for the concert, all Cort could focus on was the light swords the vendors were selling up and down the aisle.  Every minute he kept saying how much he wished they would come down our aisle and he could have one.  Totally obsessed!!!!  So after I couldn't stand it any more and just wanted to listen to Kenny, I sent Mark to buy one.  I thought they could share it knowing it probably cost 15.00.  Nope....daddy is a pushover..... except where is Gage's?
 
 
And now a date night without kids to see CMA's Entertainer of the Year
LUKE BRYAN!!!!!!



This was also the last night of the rodeo.  We got to watch the finals for each event and the champions named.

A double date with Chris and Jill

Of course I have to tell the story of the day.  Mark threw his back out this morning and spent all day icing his back trying to regain some strength.  He was in so much pain and mad at the situation.  He took his pain killers and put on a smile for me after I helped him get dressed....(that in itself is an interesting story).

We were spoiled after sitting so close at the Kenny concert, but the rodeo was fun and Luke Bryan was AWESOME!

No comments: