Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Getting ready for Christmas

Once again, I have fallen behind on my blogging.  It seems weird to be reminiscing about Christmas in February, but I can't let this past holiday season go undocumented.  As I am going through my pictures, I am disappointed as it seems I didn't take very many pictures.

Santa's little helper. 
Gage loves this snowman sleigh that sings and jingles.


The 3rd graders put on a Holiday Musical at Lowery.

Keaton is standing right behind Elvis.  Keaton had a special part as an ice skater which they used roller blades.

Keaton and Kevin after their performance.

Keaton did such a good job in his program.  I'm a proud mama!


Mark and I at my company Christmas party.  It is always nice to have a night out by ourselves and get dressed up.

School Christmas party with Cort

Cort and Ms. Marshall
1st grade

Class party with Keaton.
Keaton with Ms. Rees
3rd grade

I can't say that this year it was easier getting ready for Christmas, but I did try to do things a little different.  I started shopping and decorating earlier which was great.  I also bought a lot of things online this year.  I will absolutely continue shopping online.  It makes it so much easier and you can find great deals to avoid paying shipping costs.

I hosted Christmas Eve at my house.  My parents and sister joined us along with Mark's parents and Grandfather.  We had a roast dinner with mushroom soup before the Christmas Eve service at our church. 

My mom and dad with us at church.

Mark's dad, grandfather, and mom with us.

It was a snowy Christmas Eve.....well inside the church. 

The kids thought it was super cool for it to snow in church.
It really was tiny little bubbles that looked like snow.  It was an awesome idea because it didn't make a mess.

Christmas 2011
Do you think Gage wants to open a present?

Can we just open one and stop taking pictures, mom?

Keaton, such a big kid!

I think we are ready for Christmas.  Bring on the morning!!

No comments: