Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Gymnastics and Despicable Me

So I took Cort to pick out his birthday cake. In the past it seemed to work better by picking out the cake as a way of deciding the theme of the party. Cort picked out Despicable Me. I started shopping at WalMart and Party City for Despicable Me party supplies only to find none. Apparently, there do not market Despicable Me yet WalMart had a cake kit. I even had to have this invitation custom made by someone I found on ebay. It turned out really cute. With the lack of Despicable Me supplies on the market, I just decided to use a black table cloth, yellow plates and napkins, and yellow balloons. The yellow balloons would be decorations and also party favors accompanied with a goody bag of candy. Once Mark picked up the balloons the day of the party, he (being the creative one in our family) decided to draw Minion faces on them. It made the party! They turned out super cute and we received so many compliments. Of course, I didn't get to take the credit, but I was glad that everyone loved them.
This is the second year in a row that Cort wanted to have a gymnastics party. We let Cort make the complete guest lists which he mostly invited friends from daycare.
Flying high! Keaton on the rope swing
Group picture
Aidan, Cort, Blake, and Louis
Cort jumping on the trampoline up to the hot air balloons in the sky.
Listening for instructions from the coach as they move stations.
Cort having a blast!
I took some of the pictures, but so did Mark and Kerrie. I am actually glad I didn't see some of these things take place. Always makes me nervous, like this crazy move.
But I have to give this one a 10!
Here's another move I didn't see happen.
Cort received a gold medal! Way to go!
The Despicable Me cake with Gru and the Minions
Happy Birthday Cort! Make a Wish!
So after all the guest left we decided to have some family fun. This is us doing the Nestea Plunge. Funny to see I am the only one that didn't trust it. They all have straight legs and 'took the plunge'. I kind of cheated it looks like.
We were jumping on the trampoline for this group shot. I love this picture despite my shirt coming up a little. I think whatever Keaton is doing is hilarious!
Once we were home Cort unwrapped his presents. Don't you just hate it when the birthday kid doesn't open his presents at the party?? But the birthday guests would rather play extra time than sit and watch. We invited the neighbor kids, who were at the party, down to help Cort tear into his loot. Gee and Papa Dan were glad they got to participate in the gift opening. They stayed home with Gage and missed the party. So in a way, we brought the party home to them.
Gage was more than happy to help Cort open some presents.
This is the Super Bomber Cort and Mark are working on building.
410 pieces!
I still can't believe you are 6. You are such a grown up little boy. I hope you had a wonderful birthday and enjoyed your special day.

No comments: