Thursday, February 5, 2009

25 Things

So, April Drolet tagged Jennifer Brewer who tagged me...to tell 25 things about ourselves....so here goes. (Both of their blogs are listed in My Blog List to the right)

1. I am the least likely to respond to this or similar emails. There usually is one question about who is least likely to respond....that's me. I enjoy reading others comments, but never answer about myself.

2. I color my hair because I like being blonde, but mostly because I am 90% gray. Go ahead, look at my roots next time.

3. I don't have a favorite color, but if you asked Mark he would say it is orange. I do have a favorite number. It is 4 and I prefer even over odd numbers.

4. I enjoy massages, pedicures, and manicures.

5. I don't like to be alone.

6. I would NEVER jump out of an airplane or bungee jump....I am safety girl!

7. I do not have road rage and get frustrated when people I am riding with do. (Not to mention names, but he lives with me and is the father of my children) My thoughts on traffic...we are all in this together and it is not a race. Safety girl has a fear of being in a terrible car accident, besides the guy that cut me off could be in an emergency rushing to help his family.....who knows.

8. I was 9th in my graduating class. (There was about 160 total)

9. I was accepted Pre-Med to the College of Medicine at Texas A&M, but changed my major to Accounting later on.

10. I give food and money to the homeless on the street corners.

11. I have never broken a bone, although I did have stitches about 4 times. When I was 4 or 5 my older sister pushed me off of Grandpa's tractor. It knocked out all of my front teeth when I hit the plow. At least they were my baby teeth.

12. I love veggies like butternut squash and turnip greens.

13. I was a telemarketer in college.

14. I always try to return my shopping cart to the appropriate place. If I have the kids with me I park next to the shopping cart return to make it easier.

15. I learned this weekend I cannot throw a cast net. I may never accomplish this fishing technique. I tried to be the cool mom and catch the boys some bait fish before Mark came down to the dock. All I caught was mud and looks from the boys like...where's the fish? Dad saved the day and the boys had a great time catching the bait fish in their small nets.

You know I had to add in a picture!

16. I was in the Band 6-9 grades. I played the trumpet. I was on the Drill Team grades 10-12 and was one of the 5 Co-Captains my senior year.

17. I loved EVERYTHING about being pregnant.....okay except for having to lose the weight afterwards.

18. My food weakness is cake and cake like items....Ding Dongs, Twinkies, even Honeybuns.....these are the items that helped me gain the 60 lbs while pregnant with Keaton. I hid them in the closet upstairs from Mark, but I don't remember why, his weakness is Chocolate Chip Cookies.

19. I feel like a dog chasing his tail when it comes to cleaning my house. I so want it to be clean....but it just will never happen. I get sooo close sometimes, but.........I need a maid! I don't mind cleaning, but definitely do not find it therapeutic.

20. As crazy at is sound, I do enjoy the chaos.

21. If I am by myself in the car, I drive in silence with just my thoughts. Probably because this is the only time there will be silence. If the kids are with me we are usually talking or listening to KSBJ or maybe some Toby Mac.

22. I don't like to hear kids crying in stores or restaurants. Not because of the noise, but because I can't help from wanting to know if the child is okay and being taken care of lovingly by the parent or being mistreated.

23. When I read or hear stories of adoption my heart is warmed. Especially when a family takes in troubled or handicapped children. I secretly wish one day I can make such a difference in some one's life.

24. I didn't play any sports as a child, but I did take piano, dance and twirling.

25. I started using Pro-Active about six months ago. Who would have thought, break outs can start in your mid-30's.

Well, that's me....and best of all I tag no one else. If you should choose to share 25 things about yourself with me I would love to read it. Shoot me an email or better yet, START A BLOG!

No comments: