Wednesday, October 12, 2011

12 Years

This month Mark and I celebrated 12 years of marriage and have been together 17 years.  I still claim the entire 17 years although there was a small 'break' right after college.  This time away from each other was time to find ourselves and confirm that we were meant to be together (or time for Mark to realize he was about to lose the best thing that ever happened to him!) 

One of my wedding portraits taken at Vargos by close friend Kel Thompson.


October 2, 1999
John Wesley United Methodist Church
Houston, Texas

Mr. & Mrs. Mark Edward Roberson
The years gone by:

1999--Our reception was held at Wyndhaven Terrace and we honeymooned in Jamaica the following week.  We rented a house on Pine Lake Drive near I-10.  I was an Accounting Supervisor for Enterprise Rent-A-Car and Mark was in telecom sales for Adelphia (previously known as Hyperion).  We got our first dog, Dixie, for Christmas.

2000--We vacationed in Puerto Rico with Top Sales Achievers from Adelphia.  It was like a second honeymoon.  Y2K never happened.

2001--Mark left Adelphia and went to work for Logix.  We bought a house in Copperfield in August. 

2002--We became the owners of a second dog, Lady.  She was our neighbor's 1 year old dog and they didn't want her anymore.  She has been a great dog.  We vacationed in Arkansas on Lake Ouachita with friends on a house boat.  Later that year I became pregnant with our first child.

2003--Keaton Edward Roberson was born May 31.   Mark left Logix and went to work for TexLink in November and I resigned my position at Enterprise to be a stay-at-home mom after 7 years with the company.

2004--We went on a Carnival cruise with friends to Cozumel, Progresso, and Belize and brought back a little souvenir we would welcome to the family the next year.  I accepted a contract assignment with AIG-American General for 6 months.  Keaton had emergency surgery for a septic hip.  Mark's parents bought a house in Sargent, Texas on Caney Creek at the end of the year. 

2005--Cort Garner Roberson was born January 28.  I began working from home in July for Fox Packaging & Display as their bookkeeper.  Mark started at Xspedius.

2006--Mark left the telecom industry and accepted a position with LPB in the energy industry in December.

2007--We vacationed in Disney world with Mark's family.  My time working part time at home came to an end.  Fox was bought and I accepted a full time Controller position with Corrugated Concepts & Packaging.  Keaton and Cort started daycare. 

2008--Mark started his own energy consulting firm, Strategic Utility Management, SUM.  Keaton started Kindergarten at Copeland Elementary.  Cort attended preschool at Children's Courtyard.

2009--We found out we would welcome a third child into our family. 

2010--Gage Reeves Roberson was born March 22.  Cort started Kindergarten and Keaton was in 2nd grade.  We made the move to Lowery Elementary due to re-zoning in Cy-Fair ISD.

A Day in the Life 2011

I am still working full time for CCP while Mark runs SUM out of our house.  I try to get up each morning at 5:00 and run 2 miles before getting ready for work.  Mark has been getting up at 6:00 and walk/running 2 miles also.  On weekends we usually try to get in 4 miles each day since we have more time.  After I get ready, I drop Gage off at daycare on my way to work.  Mark gets K & C up, feeds them breakfast, gets them ready, and takes them to school.  At 3:00 he picks them up and they come home to work on homework, eat a snack and relax while Mark finishes his day.  We pulled the older boys out of daycare in January to save money but also because we were seeing some behaviors we wanted to change, mostly with Keaton. 

Keaton is playing baseball.  He played coach pitch in the spring and is now playing machine pitch still at the YMCA.  Cort is playing soccer.  He played T-Ball in the spring, but wanted to play soccer this fall on Coach Howard's team.  He will probably play coach pitch in the spring with the same team.  They have been together for 3 seasons now.  Both boys are in AWANA which now meets on Sunday nights.  I am the Cubbie/Puggle Secretary this year.  Gage will be a Puggle next year, but for now is just in childcare.  We still have small group on Thursday nights. 

And here we are 12 years, 2 dogs, a house, and 3 kids later.
Still happily ever after.
Living the dream.
OUR DREAM!

No comments: