Thursday, September 15, 2011

Summer Closeout

Once again feeling so behind on my blog.  This post starts off with random (but funny) pictures of the boys from this summer.  
Keaton waiting on the doctor at his 8 year well check listening to my MP3 player.  He has since bought one for himself with his own money.  Not sure how I feel about that yet. 

Thought this picture was funny since I was trying to take a picture of Keaton and Cort was acting like a goof ball.


Now trying to take a picture of Cort and again---goof ball.

One night at dinner the kids asked if they could have 'draw night'.  We said sure and then they proceeded to tell us they didn't want to draw on paper, but their bodies.  So daddy made them into Airbenders!





The boys and I kicked off the summer with a trip to Chuck E Cheese.  Gage trying to play skeeball.  No, actually he just wanted the red ball!

I want to play.

Gage making friends with Bob the Builder.

Chuck E wanted everyone to dance for tickets, but Gage just watched trying to figure out the giant mouse.

And now the Summer of Claire.  Claire is Mark's cousin and she came for 6 weeks during the summer to keep the boys for us.  They loved her and had so much fun.  She did such a great job with them.  I think they swam almost every day, but here is a look back at their other adventures.  Pictures courtesy of Claire, since I wasn't there to take pictures.  And I have to say she did a great job.  I love how she captured them in many of them. 


For Father's Day the boys made Mark a book, The ABC's of Dad.

For Z--Zoo Keeper
why yes, I guess he is the keeper of this zoo.

They visited Grandfather at his new home in assisted living a lot.  They even took him to different places and appointments.

They went to the ranch exploring several times.  This is Keaton investigating something in the grass.



Love the reflection of Cort in the mirror looking out at the cows.

Of course they have to climb trees.



This is what our street looks like many summer days, evenings, and weekends.  All the kids outside ready for a game of kickball, tennis, baseball, etc.

Cort's red face after roller skating.  He gets that from his mommy.

I love this picture.  It is like Keaton is saying, "I'm too cool for this".

Claire joined us one weekend at the creek with Mark's mom and dad.  PawPaw, Mark, Claire and Keaton went fishing while Cort stayed back with me and Gage.  (Remember the slip n slide pics from this previous post.)

A piggy back ride from daddy.  Now that's my idea of wade fishing!

3 Generations of Fishermen


Keaton and a sunset at the creek.

Okay, so I am sure the boys weren't always perfect little angels all summer long but Claire was able to find clever ways to motivate them to treat each other kindly, listen and behave.
This day I am told they were not getting along well so she made them stand nose to nose.  Keaton got tired of bending down to Cort so he would hold him up to his nose.

The last week they closed out the summer with a lunch and afternoon at Chuck E Cheese. 

Claire's sister Grace came for a few days and joined them.

Too bad Claire lives in the Austin area or we would offer her a full time nanny position.

2 comments:

Summer said...

Great pictures. Love Keaton by the tree and Cort with the sunset. And btw, you do a great job working full time with 3 kids, a husband and 2 dogs! I can't believe you have time to blog at all much less a bit behind!

Abandoned2God said...

It was a fun summer and I was very blessed to watch your boys! Thank you for the opportunity.
Love you guys!