Tuesday, April 26, 2011

My attempt at Family Pictures


On a recent trip to Gilmer, I dressed up the family and had my sisters take some pictures of us. All of the pictures are taken at my mom and dad's house, where I grew up. As you can imagine, it is hard to get all 3 boys looking at the camera at the same time. Little Gage really didn't want anything to do with it, but I think a few turned out, for our amateur session. The sun was super bright and the lighting wasn't perfect, so I had some fun with different effects.

This barn looking building we are standing in front of is what we call 'The Shop'. It is next to my parent's house and was actually my Grandfather's plumbing shop when he owned his own business. I have many memories playing in the shop office and riding my bike around the gravel driveway that circles the building. As a kid, I had church clothes, school clothes, play clothes, and shop clothes. Because when you went to play at the shop, you always came back with grease on your clothes!


Now the shop is mostly just a storage area for my parents. They store furniture not being used and my dad's boat. Around to the side is my dad's tractor. Maybe next time we will have to get some pictures on it.



I stole this idea from a beautiful Christmas card I received this year from Brandy Parker. The kids played along for mom.



This is a really big tree in my parent's front yard. I wanted for us all to stand in front or next to this tree, but we ended up on the other side of it trying to get away from the sun and ants.


This one has a good view of the house I grew up in. My parent's built this house and moved in when I was 6 weeks old.


This is the road in front of the house. It's an oil (pronounced ole) top road.



This is the pasture behind my parent's house. There is a little pond, but the pond is actually on the neighbor's land. We just borrowed it for the backdrop of our pictures. I learned to drive a VW bug in this pasture.







By this time we had lost the boy's attention and were just enjoying the view.


4 comments:

Summer said...

I love these! Especially the one you "stole" as you put it! I can't believe you have 3 kids, I remember the day you came in to the office and told me about the first pregnancy, wow how time flies. What are you using to edit the colors and such?

Lori Roberson said...

Thanks Summer! Yeah I can't believe Keaton is almost 8. My sister just bought a new camera that has a lot of effects on it. She took the ones that have the accent colors like yellow or blue. Some of the other ones I just cropped and addded effects on shutterfly. I wish blogger wouldn't put that white box around some of the pictures that I cropped.

Sarah said...

Beautiful!!!

Jennifer said...

You got some great pics!! Much better to have family taking them and to be in a familiar location. Our annual Thanksgiving photo shoot is likely to be a nightmare this year with 3 to wrangle and a stranger taking the pics.