I had a regular doctor's appointment yesterday with Dr. Imtiaz. Imtiaz has been my OB/GYN for 8 years now and delivered both Keaton and Cort. I really like her and I hope she is the actual doctor to also deliver this baby.
Anyway, a routine visit. Blood pressure 65/105-good, Weight gained 2 lbs so far-good, Baby's heartbeat-good, abdomen measures right on track. I had some blood drawn for the Triple Screen. I guess I didn't have to do this test, since we already had the Ultra Screen, but it just seems routine.
I did ask her two questions regarding the Cesarean.
At my first prenatal visit, we discussed that I would have a C-section with this baby as I did with Cort. I asked her to explain why, and here is the answer. With my previous Cesarean, my uterus was not fully developed since Cort was born at 34 weeks. The Cesarean procedure is different for a 34 week with previa, than it is with a regular 39 week. She explained I do have the option to have a Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC), but she and her colleagues do not recommend it. The risk of a VBAC would be uterine rupture during the stress of labor, which would be life threatening. Therefore, I am completely happy with a planned C-Section.
My second question was regarding the timing of the delivery. I am due April 9, but assume the surgery would be scheduled in advance to avoid me going into labor. She said she normally schedules them 7-10 days before the due date. I am sure closer to the end of the pregnancy she is able to make a better judgement if I seem to be dilating early. Although, I wonder if I would actually go into labor??? I never have in the past. With Keaton, my water was leaking, but I had to be induced, Cort a C-Section. I have not experienced the 'going into labor' part, and I guess I hope I don't this time knowing I am having a c-section. Scheduling is good, but let's stay away for April Fool's Day.
I go back in 3 weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment