Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Been too long...

Okay, so my husband says that I spend too much time on Facebook and therefore neglecting my blogging duties. So here is an update on Team Robo. The summer is going by fast and we are staying busy. Keaton and Cort both have a busy schedule at daycare. Keaton goes on a field trip almost every week. This week he has two, bowling and the Children's Museum. When I schedule my vacation days to spend time at home with them, I have a hard time choosing what activities they will miss on their calendar. Needless to say the kids are enjoying their summer.

Keaton went to VBS and had a great time on the 'Boomerang Express'. We already finished up swim lessons in June. I am very impressed with both of their skills. Keaton is swimming without any assistance, of course we are always nearby. Cort can also swim by himself, but tires easily. When we swim at Nana's or the neighborhood pool, he still wears his float most of the time. Swimming is definitely their favorite summer activity. I am starting to wish we had a pool. I never thought I would say that, but now that the boys are older I think it would be so much fun. Maybe our next house.





We have made 2 trips to the creek since the Roberson Reunion on Memorial Day. In June we had a nice family trip with Mark's parents. We took the pontoon boat out and let the boys fish.





Cort and Keaton both ended up with strep throat on my June vacation days. We were not planning on going any where, just some quality time at home. I thought we would go to the pool, maybe catch a movie at the drive in. Keaton kept trying to hide the fact that he did not feel good because he wanted to go swimming so bad. Even though we ended up at the doctor's office we still made a trip to Chuck E Cheese. I know I am weird, but I like that place...and the pizza.

We were back at the creek for July 4th. This time Mark's cousin, Patrick and his family made the trip in. They could not come to the Family Reunion and we did not get to go to Samuel's birthday party so we are glad we finally caught up with them. The men did some night fishing Friday night and back out early Saturday morning. Sam, Keaton and Cort had a great time playing together once Sam warmed up to us new people. He even taught them some wrestling moves. We made our first trip to the BAM BAM JAMBOREE. It was fun for the kids, but doesn't compare to the Gilmer YAMBOREE. (I think it might be time to take the kids this year honey) We enjoyed fireworks with some Creek neighbors, but once again did not make it to the beach. The wind was blowing hard by Sunday. It made for a nice breeze at the house, but would have blown a kid down on the beach. Dixie and Lady even made the trip this time. We have learned the hard way we cannot leave them at home alone on a 'firework' weekend.

We are still trying to find time to work on projects around the house. The border in the boys room will be up soon. Mark decided to move his home office from the upstairs living room into the guest room. That sounds like an easy move, but displaced 4 different rooms in the process. We decided to rearrange the living room furniture and almost have it back in order. Furniture from the guest room had to be moved into the boys room and we switched out the upstairs and downstairs computer desks.

As you can see, we have fun keeping busy and yet some how we even managed an adult night out with friends to celebrate Bill's 40th birthday.


We are looking forward to upcoming events. Kerrie and I are going to see Phantom of the Opera, we have tickets to the Circus, and even another extended weekend at the creek in late July. It is going by so fast! Before you know it, school will be starting again.

3 comments:

Winston Manor said...

I agree with Mark on the blogging responsibilities. I have enjoyed seeing your family and how much the boys look like Mark when he was little. Wish we could find some time for our families to get together and get to know each other. It has been fun keeping up this way though!

The Brewers said...

Yes, you finally blogged...for a while there I thought I would be the only one blogging! You guys have been busy! Glad we are able to get a piece of the time pie!

Tamara said...

I am right there with ya...haven't blogged much lately but will try to do more of that soon. It has been fun keeping up with y'all this way :o) Was good to see you in April but we'll have to not let so much time pass between visits!