Wednesday, May 13, 2009

AWANA

Today is Wednesday, but no AWANA tonight. That's because we have finished the year. Keaton was a 1st year SPARK, Cort was a 1st year CUBBIE, and I was a CUBBIE leader in Cort's room. I am so proud of both the boys for finishing their books and receiving their awards. They worked really hard! Keaton also completed one year as a CUBBIE when I was the CUBBIE Secretary. I went back to work in October of Keaton's 2nd year as a CUBBIE and felt we needed to drop an activity until we all adjusted to mommy working. Therfore, he didn't get to complete his 2nd year as a CUBBIE.

The purpose of AWANA is to reach kids with the gospel of Jesus Christ and to train them in service to Him. In AWANA, kids are challenged to memorize Bible verses while they learn important truths about God. The acronym AWANA comes from Approved Workmen Are Not Ashamed. 2 Timothy 2:15.
Keaton Cort with his Cubbie class

Me and the boys

No comments: