Wednesday, April 8, 2009

SPRING BREAK!

I know it took me a while to get these pictures on the blog, but hopefully it was worth the wait. It is a Picture Packed Post.

We had a great time over Spring Break. I pulled both the boys out of daycare for the entire week. The daycare will give you 2 vacation weeks a year in which you do not have to pay tuition. That saved us 260.00 that we used to enjoy some Spring Break outings.

Aunt Kerrie spent the night Sunday and watched the kids for me on Monday. Nana took the kids on Tuesday to the YMCA and Pump It Up. I took vacation days Wed-Fri to spend some time with them.

On Wednesday we met Kerrie at Kings Orchard in Plantersville. I had never been there before, but heard about it through friends. It is a Pick Your Own Orchard and Strawberries were in season. We love Strawberries. We ended up with 3lbs even though the pickings were slim. They had been hit hard Monday and Tuesday with a lot of Spring Breakers. We arrived early, one of the first people there, despite the hour drive. And the early birds get the ....strawberries in this case. As we were checking out, they were turning people away. I'm glad I didn't drive an hour for nothing. Lesson learned though, always call ahead of time for fruit availability.

After we left the orchard, we went to Kerrie's house to spend the afternoon. We had lunch and then went to the park to play and feed the ducks. Keaton and Cort always love going to see their Aunt Kerrie.

Thursday we had a play date with Levi and Ella at our house. The kids played silly string, which Ella didn't care for too much, rode bikes, ate lunch outside, and even decorated a Gingerbread Cookie for dessert. Thursday night, Mark and I braved Chuck E Cheese.

Friday we were supposed to get ready and leave for camping, but ended up postponing our departure time until Saturday morning. I spent most of Friday getting an oil change and running errands with the boys.

We met up with our small group Saturday morning at Brazos Bend State Park, Home of the American Alligator. We set up camp and watched the kids play, mostly riding their bikes and scooters. The kids enjoyed sleeping in the tent and being with their friends. I didn't see any Alligators, except the babies in the Science Center, but Racoons did enjoy some of our food. I even thought they might come in and bunk down with us at one point.
One of their favorite things was riding on the bike with Mr. Justin.

3 comments:

The Brewers said...

I'm so glad you guys made it camping! It was such a fun memory! Austin even used his spelling words this week to write a story about it for homework! (In 1st grade they start writing A LOT and the days of cute little gingerbread men are gone!)

Amy said...

Sounds like a wonderful week and a beautiful camping trip!

Steph said...

Looks like a fun week! I'm going to have to look up the strawberry fields....that looks like something my kids would really enjoy!