"Mommy, anything you don't want, give to me okay?" He even wants to keep all of the receipts from Wal-Mart or Kroger. He told me, "I collect bills". (Don't we all!) Any where we go, if there is a flier of any sort, he has to take one.
Then he keeps it all in his boxes. It started off as his 'business box' just like Daddy. Since Mark works from home, but travels a lot to his partner's house, he carries around this box. Well, Keaton had to have one also.....only it has grown into boxes, bags (my old purses really--but we call them BAGS), sacks, anything that will hold....well let's face it junk. But it is cute and it is his. Only it grows and it becomes my mess. We sit down to 'organize the business box' and I make piles. He looks at me and says, "are you going to throw that away".......with such a sad little face. So when he is not looking I take it to the garage.
Just the other day I received a shipment of Christmas gifts. After I looked at the items, I turned around to put them back in the box. Except the box was gone. I asked Mark what happened to my box and he said, "what do you think happened to it? Keaton took it." Yes, he had added it to his collection.
One day, he asked me to write him a note. So on a scratch piece of paper I wrote:
Keaton,
I love you. I am so proud of you.
Love, Mom
It sat on the end table for a few days before I threw it away. He must have seen it in the trash because the next time we were writing letters, he told me something like 'you will just throw it away like you did last time'. Heartbreaking! I tried to explain to him that we just can't keep everything that is brought home from church, school, and daycare. We keep our favorite things.
Don't get me wrong, I don't throw away everything. I need a bigger house for all the things I do keep and we are only in Kindergarten!
1 comment:
You're letting that kid carry around a purse!?
Post a Comment